Plan B
there is always a plan b Wink

Yoga_____________

Go down

Yoga_____________

Post by squaw on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:53 am

I met up with a friend today, she is a yoga instructor. We've been thinking of doing something together for a while by now and decided to develop some sort of a losing weight spiritual boost program to combine her passion for yoga and my passion for social change and an individual role in society. It would be something like a step-by-step guide on how to implement a discipline into one's everyday life and progress in spiritual growth resulting in losing weight and living a healthy social life.

we will probably develop a system of exercises, that will be performed by her. We are planning then on making a video or photos. I will write and translate everything and it will be some sort of a product that we will try to distribute online for a few bux or so. As a promotion campaign I offered that she runs something like a weekly bulletin for free, where she would write about her experience (she studied yoga, went to india, now she teaches it and organizes seminars). I would gladly translate her short articles and post them here.

Just curious, is anyone interested in yoga at all? Would anyone like to read a weekly short article about it?
squaw
Admin

View user profile http://planb.team-talk.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Yoga_____________

Post by dr+elbow on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:58 am

I'm into it, but to me it is just stretching. I know intuitively what to do, and basically it's just about keeping myself in good shape, my muscle and joints in good condition.

I've never been in the right place or the right time to take it all seriously as far as spiritual attainment is concerned, not since I was in India, and i have tried many times.

Would like to see a video of you two though for possible fapping to.
dr+elbow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BoB on Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:23 am

I read a lot of yoga books when I was a teenager. I practiced whatever positions I could manage, and tried to force the other ones, which didn't help. It was a real pain to do the lotus, as I recall. So, I did easier positions.

Nowdays, I use yoga to do simple stretching, but I'm not really knowledgeable enough to know what I'm doing, for sure.

I think one of the really important things about yoga is that we get into bad habits of posture, and spend too much time in the same routines, in our daily lives, so both the posture, the spine, the flexibility, and eventually the nervous system and organs suffer. If we do what everyone else typically does, we end up a wreck toward the end of our lives, with horrible posture, inefficient organs, systemic problems, spinal problems, etc...

It could all have been avoided if only we'd done consistent yoga exercises, because they tend to balance the bad habits of posture and routine that we get into.

I'd like to know more, for sure. I used to do some asanas, but mostly either to impress others, or to try to impress myself. Never with true knowledge, just random. Now, my neck cracks, I have to do spinal adjustments by rolling around or stretching while laying on my back, or twisting. Sometimes I'll put a pillow under my back, and crawl up and down on it to work on a frozen vertebra or two.

Mostly, I think the key to doing yoga successfully is to start with relaxation. Without that, there's too much force involved, muscles trying to overcome other muscles, etc. You end up with spasming muscle groups if you're not careful.

That was probably my biggest fault, when I was trying yoga in my teens,,not knowing how to use proper breathing to stay in the relaxation zone.

Yoga is cool. Very cool.
BoB

View user profile http://hipforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum